Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Week 39

PDAY in SANTA LUCIA







[Looks like someone else also noticed Hna Kayla doesn't appreciate matching socks]






I asked the guy if he could play for us (at the top of the hill)






We tried mote con huesillo [from Wikipedia:  Mote con huesillo is a traditional Chilean summer-time non-alcoholic drink made from wheat and peaches and often sold in street stands or vendor carts. It is a non-alcoholic beverage consisting of a sweet clear nectar like liquid made with dried peaches (huesillo) cooked in sugarwater and cinnamon, and then once cooled mixed with fresh cooked husked wheat (mote).]



[Not sure if she's a fan or not]


19 August 2016: Ok, as always, I don’t have sufficient time to write how today was, but I feel like if I were to record about it, it’d sound less special than it actually was, so I will WRITE!  Ok, well not ALL the day was amazing, but it surely was eventful!  I was bothered by what the Bishop said about Ines and how she’s not ready, so I was studying, looking for answers.  As we were talking about it, I saw that the floor was shiny near the door, as if there was water—I stood up and saw that, in fact, it was H2O!  I opened the door and saw all the bathroom, stairs, and downstairs was flooded!  It was raining inside, LOL!  We quickly cleaned it up, though, and laughed (Hna left the faucet running).  Inventory was good.  We talked about  some good stuff, good goals made.  Got sick again, rest for an hour in bed. 


Ines’s interview highlights:  ‘Can I get baptized tomorrow?  Who baptized John the Baptist?  I did NOT have tea, but had a litttttle bit of coffee! OK, so I’ll get baptized the next Sunday!  Can we have FHE with Eduardo, Janera, Tomas?  I’m so happy, I just want to go read the Book now!  I’m ready, not for you all, but for God!  Can I give a talk?  I have the personality!’  All of this is my paradise!  It’s crazy, she maybe really is like a little girl and doesn’t quite GET it all and maybe I’m just too blinded by the true LOVE I have for her, but I find her amazingly special.  Why me?  Why did I get to be so priviledged to be able to teach her?  I’m so grateful.  Although it’s stretched me beyond what I’ve been able to handle at some points without going crazy, she is CHOSEN and she knows it.  Although the Bishop and everyone think she’s just another one of those who’ll become less-active, I and we know her….we've seen who she’s become.  Truly the Lord is WORKING MIRACLES.  I feel like only I, my comp, Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father get it!  But it’s ok.  It’s such a priviledge.  Goodnight.

Helllooo! I gave a little recap of big things that have happened in my journal [above], but just to add more details, here I am! As you can see from the pictures, we're here downtown site-seeing with Tahia (a recent convert) and Javiera (Ines´daughter). I feel so blessed to be here with such great people. There is a group of YSL in our ward and they´re always supporting us with our lessons and investigators.  And also, they're our family....LOVE spending time with them. 

Ines was very very close to getting baptized on Sunday, BUUUUT, we were reviewing the interview questions and she said: 
    'NO hermana Moon, I'm NOT drinking tea, YAAYYY!!'
    'Oh my gosh, Ines you're amazing!!!'
    'That's right, just a little coffee and I'm good to go!'
    'But Ines, you don't like coffee...and you can't drink coffee!'
    'But I left the Ecco (what all the Mormons drink here, it's made of cereal) at home!'
     
LOL!  Hna P and I are just laughing because obviously Ines always ALWAYS surprises us.  She still had her interview... alll goooood.  Our district leader says she talks a lot, but she's AWESOME.   Leaving her interview she just said,  'I'm just SO happy!  I love you!  Thank you Hermana Moon!'

So the baptism is SUNDAY! after the stake conference.  Not going to lie, it's been pretty difficult getting the arrangements done because the Bishop is less on board (16 years of being bishop), but we're fighting so hard for her.  She's amazing. She has a testimony and now the DETERMINATION to follow Jesus Christ!
I love the gospel. Leaving a lesson one night was emotional due to some hurtful things a dad of an investigator said and sometimes we feel so attacked and rejected.  But what keeps us going? The name on our badges over our hearts.  Hna P and I have grown pretty close these weeks.  She' an amazing support for me.  I'm doing all I can to prepare her to feel comfortable to leave her training.  We're learning the importance of diligence, love, humility, and the SPIRIT.  It's just gotten stronger and stronger in our lessons and we are happy :). 
All the ward is already farewelling me because I've been here so long (gave my second talk last Sunday, the same subject BTW HAHA) , but all is well in Zion.  I really WILL go where the Lord wants me to go.
I challenge all to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD and STUDY the Book of Mormon. I love it, I love it. And share with your family and friends every day when you felt the spirit.  It'll CHANGE YOUR LIVES!
Thanks, dad and mom, for the jokes!  They lighten up mean contacts and our excercises in the morning.
I love you, Mom! 
I love you, Dad!  
I love you family!  
And for the rest of you all, I LOVE YOU TOOOO!



No comments:

Post a Comment