![]() |
| WEEK TWO!!! |
This really is the most stressful thing to write all of my feelings and happenins of thiscrazy life but Im going to try to get everything out Ive wanted to this past week!
First of all, Abigail Blankmeyer my best friend got callled to NORWAY and i am SO HAPPY!!!! One of my fellow hermanas in this small emailing room just yelled out from her emailing saying MY FRIEND JUST GOT CALLED TO NORWAY but Im too stressed to go asak her the name so Im just going to keep rambling CONGRATS I LOVE MISSIONS AND CALLS AND BEING A MISSIONARY!!!! Ok though. Really, my next first of all is for the thank yous to all of you beautifulpeople writing me, Im so sorry I dont get to respond to all of them but This past week having thanksgiving im just realizing how seriously blessed Ive been to have such righteous fun happy inspiring people in my life, starting with my parents aand siblings and grandparents of course smiley. We got to watch a live Thanksgiving devotional that day and that video the church did like a year ago was played and I just love the people of New York saying their gratefuls, as trivial or deep they were, I totally teared up when the guy whose wife had twins said hes so grateful for all the friends and family who has gotten him through hard times aqnd YES amen amen it just hit me all the love thats been provided to me likeon a silver platter its just so good. Next im thankful for a nice place to live in. Seriously , we know every missionary here because its so small, and it was so emotional sending them off today, including my chilean companion Hermana Contreres and her other comp Hermana Cordova from concepcion and Hermana Cannalles from Peru who have been so kind andfunny and full of heart since weve beeen here. Next, living next to the temple LIKE WOWWWWW, we got to go last week after PDAY and i just gasped as I got to see inside it was breathtakingly beautiful and in there was the first time I reallly cried since arriving because of Gods wonderful plan and these missionariesand President and Hermana Doll who are our temporary parents here and making it feel like family. Next on the list is actually my grateful for being able to cry. The first week I was kinda numb from feeling I guess because of stress and wanting to do everything perfefctly but nope, I guess its not my time for perfection yet haha. I feel like almost everyone in their life may go through a Job/like trialwhere itfeels like their whole body mind and spirit is being broken down and that was definitely this week for me. First of all, I got even worse with the congestion and feeling gross, then I wore shoes on pday walking/running the streets ofSantiago on pday last week that gave me blisters and I couldnt wear my normal shoes so I bandaged them up for a couple days wearing my jandals around which Im not complaining I love sandals!! Then my crazy blloody noses that were so scary sometimes and also super inconvenient. Then I started getting super stressed with ourinvestigators and planning and being efficient with our time and one morning Hermana Doll noticed me during personal study sniffling and just feeling gross and asked me if I needed to go rest in bed and immediately I thought whatt thats not what missionarues do, they dont give up, so but It was so confusing to me in the moment so I kinda just cried out in desperation what is the right thing to dooo And she said my body is telling me to rest sooo I agreeed because shes Hermana Doll and she took me back to my room and as soon as I got in there I just collasped to literally cry out to my heavenly father and just said THIS IS SO HARD heavenly father. But immediately I felt this closeness with him that ive been strong trying to kinda do it on my own this time and I just neede3d to give it up to him and say Im just going to give it all to you, im in your hands. Thanks been heavy on my mind ever since my breakdown and reading a scripture id marked before the mission which I just rediscovered and its 3 Nephi 21 10 and 13... shortened version is that the life of His servants are in his hand. We LITERALLY HAVE to give everything up to him in order to be doing his work and Me and Hermana Tippetts and Gardner have seen SUCH blessnings with doing that this week with our investigators and personal struggles. When we do this, this is when the work becomes as Bednar calls ENERGIZING. Its hard but it. is. energizing.
Weve definitely felt 10 times better this week in our lessons, my goodness, inspired planning is so key. and now BOTH JOSE AND CELIA ARE BEING BAPTIZED!!!! Celia is going to marry her boyfriend shes been living with and has had kids with for yeeears and agh i wish i could just talk about all of our lessons with her because shes come so far and has been so agh so hard to find her need but after one good lesson where we finally felt some amazing progress in her spiritual readiness we just prayed to know what to teach her since it feels like she knows everything and right after that it suddenly dawned on me that OH MY GOODNESS SHE WANTS HER FAMILY TO BE FOREVER AND TO GET MARRIED BECAUSE WOW we forgot she and her boyfriend werent legal yet and anyways you dont need to know this besides that next lesson we sand Families Can Be Together Forever for her in spanish and she cried and we did because we know how much we love our families and the sanctity of families to God and his plan and yes. I wish everyone could feel how amazing this work is.
Im also thankful for great music. Singing in spanish is just so cool to feel the spirit in a different way. and then waking up to some sweet tunes President and Hma Doll put on. Like that Primary Colors song that starts with the kidexclaaimingg I wanna go on amission so bad!! Meand Hermana Tippetts and Garnder were saying our morning prayer and Hma Tippettswas so scaard when the childs voice came on and she swore we were being kidnapped by a child through our window which is alwyas open btw but its fine because there are guards around the CCM always and yes ANYWAYS its been so fun with her and Hma Gardner getting closer ooh and especially with our disctrict, we laugh crying so much because come on, life is about being joyful right? But were for sure working on #METAS goals to be more and more focused and working on our spanish all together and uplifting. We did a District inventory for an hour the other day where we each complimented each other and told each other theyre alwesome and theyre going to be great missionaries and it doesnt sound so amazing as I try to explain it but it seriously created such a good spirit and closeness and respect between everyone, we just love and suppoort each other!! They all said about me since Im so serious sometimes haha that they see that im here for a purpose and they can tell I love the peopleofChile so much already and all I want to work sohard nowto beready for them and its so true! Ive waited since I was 13 to just invest myself in this work and thats all I wanna do! Im also thankful for thesmiling faces around the CCM. The workers, the older Elders and Hmas, the Latinos especially are so happy and fun... Its just a great environment. All the Latinos think I look like Katniss Eberdeen haha so they do the hunger games whistle at me and it just funny. Hambre juegos.... so werid.
AND THE SCRIPUTRES i am thankful for! Anchor to the soul, for real. and THE ENSIGN OF CONFERENCE TALKS THANK YOU MOM!! today I opening up my frist christmas present mom st uffed in my suitcases and Im so happy. Were getting sooo excited about the holidays., its going to be the b est being here. theres a christmas nativity huge thing happening here after christmas for 3 days and our teacher HMO LAmartinae is singing in it and and is also at this very moment on The Voice for Chile because hes an amazing singer and also sang with David Archuletta on their missions and yeah such cool things happening.
Jusy a few funny things as I wrap up that mom you may of may not have to edit these out.
Hermanaa tippetts in iher towel after a shower screaming from the bathroom COCKROACH COCKROACH!!! GINMME A SHOE! HErmano Pino showing us some sweeet magic tricks and One Elder is in feetle position on the floor with how crazyh the trick is and another elder is fanning is face with gasping and laughin about it. oh and Elder Piippo in a lesson to me in the first vision saying Este es mi hijo Helado, nmeaning this is my icecream son. YEAH OUT OF TYIME BUT ILY ALL I PRAY FOR YOUALL!
![]() |
| District members? Week TWO! |


No comments:
Post a Comment