Last week I failed to mention that I was called on to give a talk! Every week we all prepare (or are supposed to) a talk on the given topic, and in sacrament meeting they are called up to the stand to sweat their souls out and get up there and speak in their broken spanish what they can. Last week a huge group was leaving to their missions and its usually those that get called on to give talks, and I made the big mistake of not preparing well enough because I thought that there was no way a 4th weeker would be called on but lo and behold ´Hermana Mone¨was called up to my surprise. and wooooh I looked at the bullet points id written down earlier that week about what I thought about Faith and just rolled with it. I began by saying that this is funny im getting called on for this topic because my first night in the CCM I had a dream that I was at a Mcdonalds drive thru, on a mormon game show of some sort, and the show host was asking me, a missionary, through the mcdonalds drive thru, WHAT IS FAAAAITH¿¿¿¿ and I was like ALMA 32 YES! I shared kinda what i did in my farewell talk like having the faith to not be healed. Faith doesnt mean knowing every single thing thats going to happen and why... its taking several steps into the light with a few steps into the dark unknown. I can testify through my manny experiences in my life and just in this little CCM that this. is true. and that having faith brings miracles. That not preparing though REALLY humbled me, not going to lie. I WILLL FOREVER BE like BOY SCOUT PREPARED FROM NOW ON. But thank goodness for Alma 32 and my super strong testimony of Faith.
Ive really loved spending time with all of the ýounger´girls at night now that were the oldies here. They have all really inspiring stories, like EACH ONE OF THEM has such a special reason for being here, and their attitudes and dedication to the work has been something to keep me perservering through these last 2 weeks (ONEE WEEK now). Ive memorized DandC 4 now in spanish and especially loved the attribute of bondad Fraternal, which is brotherly kindness and every day that has been my personal goal to put that close family like love into my companionship, room, and anywhere we go! and it. HAS. WORKD! Especially when Hermana Tippetts got herself injured by frolicking in the field after her and I raced to go get the volleyball during exercise time and fell in a hole, and badly sprained her ankle. Shes too happy for her own good. No worries, shes all good! Hna. Gardner and I rock paper scissored to see who would go with her and prez to the doc to check it out and I lost (or won according to the Elders) so I stayed with the Elders ALL DAY, so that was interesting having 3 guys as my companions! we learned a lot and had good times. Love for them and my 2 companions increased that day!
Since theres been practices and performances of a christmas play musical thing at the CCM, weve beeen spending breaks out there watching the production, and one night we went out, the sun was setting, and the couple on stage was singing a super nostalgic duet and Hna Lindsay and I just leaned on each others shoulders like man, who wouldve thought wed be here at this time doing this..its christmas...
Since theres been practices and performances of a christmas play musical thing at the CCM, weve beeen spending breaks out there watching the production, and one night we went out, the sun was setting, and the couple on stage was singing a super nostalgic duet and Hna Lindsay and I just leaned on each others shoulders like man, who wouldve thought wed be here at this time doing this..its christmas...
![]() |
| Today's 12 Days gift I got to unwrap! |
We finally got to see on Sunday this production of the story of Jesus mary joseph and another story intertwined with that and our teach LAMARTINAE whos going to be on the Chilean Voice so look out for him, played Joseph, the Father of Jesus, and man... The spirit was so strong!I
At the end when a little boy was singing about Jesus and sheppherds and town people were adoring him, I just broke down with Hermana LIndsay who was already a mess because she just loves christmas so much... because of no matter how unworthy and tattered we are compared to this savior of the WORLD, he accepts our offerings to him. He takes what we have and makes it perfect with His perfection. We are all forever indebted to this wonderful miracle! I was looking through my notebook I had up at BYU for church, BOM class, Mission prep, etc notes, and saw a quote from my friend Ellie Arnolds talk that said ´We have no greater calling than to become like our savior Jesus Christ¨' and that is why Im here! To share the good news that Ha Nacido un Salvador and that his love is for EVERYONE. I challenge you all to set goals to be more like our Savior this week and every week!
![]() |
christmas play....amzzzing
|
Quickly before its time to get off, yesterday was our first day of contacting! which means we got to leave the MTC and go be 'real' missionaries and talk to these amazing people of chile! IT WAS SO AWESOME! companionships were assigned to different parks and we first went to a couple men Cristiano and Armando and talked about this time of christmas and their beliefs and then felt to ask if they had families, and they said yes, asked how important they are to them, they of course said super, and I started to cry trying to get out in spanish that i do too, and though mine is very far away now and I miss them very much, I know that Families are central to gods plan and he wants us to be forever! and im so happy mine is. This afternoon we go to the Temple, and I can{t help but be so grateful for the true peace and joy the temple brings. I love my family! I love this gospel! I love being amissionary! I love all of you! and I love my Savior! Merry Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year!






No comments:
Post a Comment