Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 4: Look at your sins, LOOK AT THEM!

Roomies!  Today.
So last week I wrote on wednesday because it was a catholic holiday that tuesday, conception of mary day¿ ha its been a week, i forget. So of course the whole country is pretty much catholic, so everything would be closed, which means no pizza or empanadas for us, so we had it wednesday! Man, was that a day. The whole weeek before our district was dreaming about buying pizza hut and tons of candy and junk because its getting down to it and were emotional and of course Im an emotional eater and YEAH WHAT ELSE IS GOING TO KEEP US SANE. I mean besides laughing a lot and telling stories and scriptures and ridiculous games to help us do this spanish thing... Welll weve decided we never want any of that candy again. Something about going every hour to get a handful of these little fruit chews that arent even that delicious got us tired... SO this week we{ll try to pick up some healthier options because we cant handle the trash can full of wrappers and Elder Piippo saying LOOK AT YOUR SINS, LOOK AT THEM! hahaha. Our district is probably the smallest here so we´re super close. basically every meal we sit together plus a classroom for like 10 hours and PDAY activities, so yes, we love each other!! We had another District inventory and each pointed out something we want to individually work on and mine is continuing to not be so uptight and RELLAAAXXX but also to work hard, a nice balance for these last 2 weeks! Elder Harper from the bottom of his soul requests that I be more aggressive about what I think the district should be doing instead of staying passive aggressive, so again, Im not perfect and Im working on it. Its hard! Because I want to work so hard and I want everyone to learn and grow together but it doesnt always work like that, at least it cant when youve got individuals in control of their own life and everyone works at different paces and yep yep. But working on some serious METAS so I can finish strong. 

I cant believe its all coming up. Real life. Real out in the field proselyting, real investigators life. Im super excited and little nervous but Im going to make these next 2 weeks count! I also CANNOT believe Christmas is NEXT WEEK. Its straight up summer here. But were getting in the spirit singing christmas songs and hymns all the time, especially to TALL which is our hour on the computer spanish training program. Man the marches down the stairs to the TALL room are legendary. We pick a song, any song, and we strictly sing TALL as the lyrics over and over again so loud and excited to get to werk. Ill definitely enjoy looking back on the TALL days. 

So as a district we joke all the time about our daily activities and proudly tell WEEELL my hobbies include Tall, Singing to Tall, reading Preach my Gospel, Scripture Charades for FHE, reading my scriptures, singing more hymns, jamming to Vocal Point, and eating. a lot of bread. AND DANKYS (treats from Liders ...Chile's version of Walmart). 

Anyways, for real though, being a missionary is the best. We got to go to the temple on thursday and I decided to do spanish and man was it cool. I zoned out a lot because of not being to understand all of it, but it was so special. I prayed so much for help about my concerns and things I was really wrestling with, how I need to improve, how to feel like im accomplishing enough but helping my companions, and the answer was for the billioneth time, just LOVE! and I would not be stressing if I was lost and invested in the work.. So that I am doing.  And Its time for missionary work. 

I found tons of comfort this week feeling the love for the amazing spirits of my friends on missions now and reading their letters. Tanner with his struggle with the language but ultimate love for and assurance of the work, Kendall and her funny stories that always make me laugh and lighten me up, Blake and his quick messages and  stalwart self, Sam for his profound love for his savior and counsel about what hes learned about missionary work, The quick message i got to read from my lovvely SAryn Moline, Williams awesome letters which btw ELder Piippo from my district is from Yakima, shoutout to WIlliam for being there! AND SO MANY MORE. I cant thank you all enough for writing and enoucouraging me. Your letters get me through the week, even just hearing about how youre doing! I look at them each night for reminders of the love thats back home and the counsel to work even harder.  tell blake saryn kendall tanner sam everyonennnnne i love them...and Aunt Marlys...thank yoouuuuu!

We have a BOMM teacher Hermano Diaz who we beg to give us wicked sweet lessons every night to inspire us, and sadly tonight is his last night teaching us since we{ll get another round, but I jsut want to add a few things Ive learned from ohis lessons... Living the Law by principle, the brother of Jared story and what it took for him to give his 16 little freaking stones offering...alll he had he offered, and the when the lord sees were giving him our all, it{ll always be enough. Vikings dont cry. he taught a lady that quote was so old she forgot she was dead end quote. Nephis getting the plates. Doing it the lords way, his ways are not our ways, am I being a missionary his way¿ JACOB 7 is so goooood! 

Sunday we litened to a SWEET devotional by Neil Anderson about sacrifice and ALL OF YOU PLEASE go and watch the Mormon Message about Sid Going, the rugby star from New Zealand going on a mission. Elder Anderson pointed out how we have all given sacrifices, because after all, the one who sacrificed his life and existence JEsus Christ, says if we do that we{ll be HIS! well I want to be his, and all of his. So Im here! and I love it. I intend on sacrifiving more and more each day to be who HE wants and NEEDs be to be. I love this work! its worth it. And I cant wait to see it more and more! 
I Am playing the piano every chance i get, it has always given me ppeace! ALSO I FORGOT TO SAY I WAS CALLED ON TO GIVE A TALK AND i hadnt prepared well because it was not supposed to happen that I speak BUT I TALKED ON FAITH AND ALMA 32 and all in spanish ill have to talk about details latetr GTG

I NEED TO GET BETTER AT WRITING ALL I WANT TO SAY BUT JUST KNOW THAT THE GOSPEL IS TRUE. I KNOW IT. I JUST KNOW KNOW KNOW IT. I love you all! 

PS no skype on christmas, check my messages from Sherman Doll about that. Dont know my time yet, but 30 mins wphone call. on christmas or EVE.  (her district's call time is a tender mercy...the last time slot of the CCM...it is the only time when we're available after our Christmas morning flight to San Diego!) 
Santiago CCM!




1 comment:

  1. So exciting to hear about how wonderful things are going. Can you also include a paragraph en espanol? I have no way to add accents. Quero leer algo serca de tu testimonia para que ver como estas apriendo la idioma. Tambien estoy appriendo mas para hacer una maestra de espanol. Creo puede ser un practica muy bien para ti tambien. Que piensas?

    ReplyDelete