I’ve been working on some “open when...” letters to myself to keep with me on my mission for some pre-made comfort, and was asking for any additions on the “Many are called, but few are sisters..” Facebook page, and several have requested I put up what I’ve done in mine, so here I am posting them one by one! I’m too lazy to cite anything I’ve searched up on google because these are mine to myself that I’m just sharing, so sorry about being so wicked and unprofessional haha but I WILL give credit to the wonderful blog I found of an RM Heather Adele, and here’s the link to the letters I copied from her! http://tipsforsistermissionaries.blogspot.com/2013_03_01_archive.html#uds-search-results
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WITH ANY MORE ADDITIONS!
1. Open When... you want to remember who you are
Dear Hermana Moon,
You may get to this point where you can’t remember what it’s like NOT being a missionary, and you MAY let yourself forget to be yourself while you are focused on the work, and even though your focus and success may be great, I don’t think the Lord wants you to forget who you are and all! Even though taking the title of “missionary” may be the best thing you’ve ever been, and you never want to take your name badge off, you can’t forget that being a missionary does NOT mean you are just someone who strives to bring others unto Christ, you are still you- personality, quirks, greatness, and all!
Things to write down/remember before you leave:
-compliments you’ve been given (even if you don’t believe them!). It’s nice knowing how others see you sometimes :]
-things you’ve worked for (achievements, hobbies and talents you developed, college acceptance, receiving YW award)
-how you act and feel around your favorite people that make you feel yourself... don’t reserve that girl for just the special people in your life, make everyone feel special and get to see your best self and the real you!
-your family. They helped shape who you are and are sealed to you foreva, don’t forget the good times!
-significant old journal entries
You have ALWAYS been you, and one of Heavenly Father’s objectives is to help you find that! Pray to him for help in feeling like individual and a unique daughter of him. He will help you see.
No comments:
Post a Comment