Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 I'm on my WAY


 We started the day with the tradition of watching the 1980's video 'Called to Serve', which always brings a few tears.  Then Dad gave a sweet blessing, bringing on MORE tears!  We met with President Wilding at 10:30 to be set apart.  He promised some wonderful blessings...Kayla was surprised and touched that he shed tears too.  We then met up with some of the family at Olive Garden.


Chicken Alfredo at Olive Garden...what else?!


After being closed for 5 weeks, we were so glad the Dallas Temple reopened that day; we were able to attend the 1:00 session before heading to Love Field airport.  

Picked up a McD's southwest salad for the first flight
I GOT THIS!

Overweight bags??!!  Can I keep my 8 oz CFA sauce??
 The Delta agents were kind and overlooked her overweight bags!  Chile doesn't require a VISA if the round-trip booking is within 90 days.  Missionaries then have those 90 days to apply for the VISA carnet.  But Missionary Travel missed it by a day and booked the February return flight (which no one will ever take) at 91 days, so we had to make a call and they got it changed.  Then the Delta system insisted that we needed to pay $75 for the 2nd bag, but we had verified the night before on their website that both checked bags should be free.  They had to override the system to clear that up.  The sweet agent offered to let mom come through security to the gate till the flight departed, but that would mean over an hour for grandparents and dad to wait, so we said our teary goodbyes at security and waited until we could no longer see each other before leaving the airport.  

FINALLY!!  It's MY TURN!!

Wednesday Nov 18th, 8:42a (11:42a Santiago time)
First email from Kayla:

HI I MADE IT! Our flight to atlanta was late and tons of us were late running to our santiago flight but we allmade it! Didnt really sleep but WHO NEEDS SLEEP IM HERE! I love the missionaries who were on the flight and yeah it's all good. 15 of us just arrived and everything has worked out and yup Im feeling confident so far, write you next week!!
Con mucho Amor, 
Hermana Moon

I HAVE A NAME TAG

1 comment: