Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 59

correct mailing address is:
Hermana Kayla Moon
Misión Chile Santiago Norte
Maria Graham 312, 8420164 Recoleta
Region Metropolitana Santiago
    Chile

please enjoy these daily fotos

Tuesday: Chileans LOVE the U.S.A.

and we love SHWARMA! 

Wednesday:one of the best parts of going to district class is caja felix [happy box], which is our little mail system between missionaries and the office, and one of the best things we get is the NEW LIAHONA!!!! Especially with this face on it, s'cute.

 (so they cant see my bear pajamas!)
Thursday: a pic I accidentally took in study as we were practicing teaching and evaluating
Friday:I bought a melon and made melon juice and you know Hna Molina was all like MMMM QUE RICO. I love this woman!
Saturday: we did it! week 1 of 2017 down
Sunday: Silvias birthday!! I was put in charge of making some riiiico cookies and you know I pulled a Kayla and put salt instead of sugar so I had to remake them with the ingredients that were left and they turned out sub-par but of course Hna Molina liked them HAHAHA Silvia was super happy :) and we finally got to know her family in a birthday once with them

Monday: I broke my streak and didn't take a photo, but I DID record our half-drunk taxi driver yelling at me, so one day you will all hear that
Tuesday: the statue:
No! move over there to take the pic, no over there! 
(...I thought you didnt talk?)

Tuesday: I loved the long letters I received, maybe because I had a scare and lost them, but we ran back to the store we were at and, sure enough, they were there.  I told the worker that God loves us. We got to start meeting our recent convert Miriam again now that she's stopped making bread all day. Our last contact of the night was funny. There was a young guy with his gf and mom and we started getting to know them there in the street. He asked about the BOM so we were explaining it and he was totally understanding it! So we were pulling out the BOM to give it to him and the very evangelica mom was all like, No son, you don't like Mormons!! Haha!! But he accepted the Book and she started walking away, but as we passed by later on, he was reading the Book! :)

Wednesday: we had a little Hnas breakfast secret santa before district class and it was super cute.  I got candy and a real cute bracelet from Hna Cazaut! The Pensionistas took us in their back to Los Andes and brought Hna a brand new beautiful un-spray painted bike and she was so happy!!  Until Elder Pack pulls out his yellow spray paint. It was like in slow-mo Hna Molina yelling NOOoooOOOOOoooo! She couldn't stop talking about how sad she was that she couldnt ride in style haha! Also on tuesdqay we'd sadly left our little cart for shopping in the taxi and in Once the taxi driver just asked around where the Mormon missionaries live.  Sure enough, he shows up in our door step saying to me angrily, 'I need to talk to you!'  I just stared for a second and then laughed and said 'EN SERIO? HERMANA! SU CARRITO LLEGO!' and we laughed and thanked him. Later on, we got to see Victorina and she said that her dad was super bad in the hospital (we've taught him).  I remembered that we promised her that if she focuses on Christ, she WILL be at peace.  I'm so grateful to be able to promise blessings, although they may be small, I know it's true!

Thursday: We have no food but flour and sugar and margarine and eggs, so hna made cake for breakfast! For those of you who remember The Amanda Show i rannndomly remembered the little guy saying in a greek accent MAAAACH BETTTTERR!!! and laughed. Silvia's grandson was asaulted and is in the hospital.  She was so so sad and we hurt for her :'(  The mom told us that he might be blind in one eye and we talked to her about patience through trials and gained some great trust with her. :)  Our bodies were hurting so much that day also!  On the way to the house, something amazing happened. Now don't get your hopes up, we just passed a house that was advertising CUPCAKES! WHAT? It's been so so long since I've had a good cupcake.  Also, I listened to a great E.Bednar talk that night and don't remember which one it was, but I love the apostles and prophet!!

Friday: We had weekly planning and decided to trust the Lord with a little miracle to bless us with a family of parents who are married and a young woman or man. Since then, we've found 2 families!!  We visited Johnny's son Brandon and got to help him get his act together a bit and put some goals. He said he wants to be a missionary, but he doesn't believe Noah could fit a ton of animals in an arc...we told him he can ask Heavenly Father about that. 

Welp, that's all I've got time for! I've got some news! Hermana MOLINA AND I BOTH HAVE TRANSFERS! It's crrrazy! We've been working hard preparing the house and area book for new missionaries to come and understand the sector.  We fasted yesterday so we could prepare good fruits for the new missioanies. In the zone, we have a goal to, at the end of every night, remember 5 miracles that happend that day.  In my night prayer I thanked Heavenly Father for the miracles He's putting into the work here, and realized that He'd given us that day 5 new people to teach. What a wonderful work it is.  I'm going to miss here so much!  We were so excited to keep working here and helping these people progress, but we'll see what else the Lord has in mind. 

I love you all! 

Until next transfer,

Hermana Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment