4-19-16 8-min
recording
Helllooo! It is
Friday at 10:52 pm. And real
quickly before I have to pray, there is something…it was a good day. We had like 4 lecciones,, 4 lessons…or
5…I think it was 4. Yeah. But it was a good day. We found people in their houses. Found M_ who we haven’t see all
week, and we talked about baptism with him because he’s been really focused on
getting a testimony of Joseph Smith and these things. We really just talked about baptism and what he’s gonna
do. I think he’s feeling good
about it, so that is GREAT! That
is Great!
And we visited N_, and we read the story of Job with
her. Just studied that in morning
because I’ve heard dad talk about Job—‘though worms …’, man I’m forgetting,
‘though worms consume me, I shall be new again’…what is it? I know the idea. And we shared that with her because
she’s been sick and she feels like she can’t do anything, but she still has
faith in Christ, and we just related that to her, and it was very good. She was very thankful for our visit,
and I was too. Cuz I wasn’t feeling good about our lesson before that, which
was with J_ and C_. And
they’re very…they like to, how do I say, be very social with the
missionaries. We found her, she’s
a referencia, and she was listening to Sam Smith, which I’m obsessed with,
OBSESSED WITH. And it was funny
cuz we passed the house, and I was like, ‘ugh, que horrible! Esas
canciones!’ Because the first
thing on my list of purification is to not sing the songs of the world. And Sam Smith, oh my gosh, I listened
to him like every day at home forever.
So I was singing it and I was like ‘¡NOOO, Qué temptación!’ And we
passed this house and we were looking for the reference and we couldn’t find it
and we thought the house didn’t exist, and I was like, ‘nooo, it totally
exists, we’re gonna find it!. No
worries!’. And we were almost
about to leave, but then, the thing is, the address was wrong. So we changed
the number and thought’ ah,maybe this was it’…and it actually was the house
with the singing Sam Smith, and it happened to be her. Her name is J_. Missionaries had told her many years
ago basically the Plan of Salvation, and it really touched her and she’s
remembered it since. The thing is,
in the door, she was like…’but you guys worship Joseph Smith while I worship
Sam Smith’…and that made me laugh so much. But, no worries, we don’t worship Joseph Smith, and it’s
fine. So we visited her yesterday
with her daughter. We taught her a
little bit of English, which happens to be really hard to teach, and so, yeah,
that’s not in my career path in the future, I don’t believe. I would try to help her with her
English, but we actually taught today the Restoration, and anyways, I wasn’t feeling
good about that lesson, cuz I felt it was really choppy and we just weren’t in
sync, they werent’t getting it. I
mean, they Were getting it, but I just didn’t feel like it was powerful. I didn’t feel like the Spirit was there
a lot. I felt like a professor
teaching a history lesson, which I did not like. But, one thing I did learn, because I told my compañera
after, ‘ah, I don’t feel really good about that…on a scale of 1-10, how did you
think the power was in that’, and she said ‘4’. I said, ‘yeah, probably…UGH!’ She said, ‘I don’t know what you’re expecting from the
lessons.’ I said, ‘I don’t know,
If the hermana leaders were there, they'd probably say you should have don’t
that and probably shouldn’t have done that.’ And she said, ‘Well, you’ve got a year to wait to be like that, cuz it comes little by little.’ And I was just like, ‘Noooo,’ I mean, I
know I can do a lot better…I’ve done a lot better…which is true. Like we don’t always have more the
spirit. We can always have
more. But then again, I thought,
wow, she’s right. We can do a lot
of good things…BUT, what I want always, you all KNOW ME, I always wanna be the best, I wanna be
PERRRRFECT. But it doesn’t work
like that. So, I learned that…that
it’s ok…it happens…pasa. Pasa that
it’s not always gonna be what I WANT.
And also, she said that the people are not always gonna be receptive,
they’re not always gonna, um, receive it like I want them to. And sometimes from the beginning, al
principio, they learn kind of like a history lesson! They learn like, oh, this is really what happened, or like,
oh, this is what the Mormons believe.
But with time, if it’s their time to learn, if it’s their time to receive it, they will! Soooo, I don’t know how it’s
gonna go with them. But, anyways…
We visited N_, and then after, we visited a wonderful
couple Fe_ y Carmen, and he is a police, and they’re so cute, they showed
us pictures from their wedding, and they’re really good, they’re awesome. Turns out they’ve heard from a LOT of
missionaries before, and I didn’t know that. And so I was really surprised when the wife was like, ‘Yeah,
and we’ve wanted to be baptized so many times in your church before, but, it
never happened!’ I was like, ‘ARE
YOU KIDDING!’ I was looking at my
companion, like. ‘yeah! let’s invite them to be baptized right now’. But, they said they’ve heard a lot a
lot from missionaries. But I think
their time is now, cuz we asked them…we taught the Book of Mormon, and it was
really good, like they understand very well, probably because they’ve heard it a
few times now. Actually, I don’t
know what the other missionaries have taught them before. It was in the past. But it was really
good, and I felt the Spirit…I was like, “I know this is true, and I know this
is gonna bless your lives SO much.
And whatever question you have’, and he was getting it so well, we was
like, ‘yeah, we need this, we need this.’
And we asked them in the end, ‘Like, why do you want this?’ And he said, ‘I just wanna know if it’s
true, I just wanna know. I just
want clarity. I just want direction.’
And I was like, ‘ah! Perfect! This is the reason to
have it.’ I mentioned
baptism a couple times, like, ‘When you know these things, and we need to be
willing…’ and like, we asked, ‘What are you willing to do if you know this is true?’ anyway, we mentioned ‘Well, we teach
the people so that they’ll know and that they’ll do it also…like there are
members even, there are people that we’re teaching that know these things, but
they don’t do it. And it doesn’t
make sense to do that. It makes
sense if you have answer, to just DO IT.
Go all in!’ We explained eternal families…that’s one blessing, to feel
peace in your life, and such and such and such. So theyare very very good. Bueno, I’m going to finish…oh noooo! This is waaay too long!!
[It took 6 hours longer than the 4-min recording, but it arrived!]
No comments:
Post a Comment