Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week 21--'Sí, sí, sí claro! Podemos pasar. Podemos, podemos'


HERMANA MOON GOTTA PAQUETE [package]
[Phew!  I wasn't sure she was gonna receive it...it took nearly 4 weeks, but I didn't dare ask her about it since I wanted it to be a surprise...just in case it was confiscated...due to the liquid gold enclosed]

felicidad felicidad. It is sooooo amazing!  TWO CFA sauce!!  almost cried with joy, can you see? 

We bought fried chicken to go with it and Hma Molina said, 'Yo necessito esa en mi vida' [I NEED this in my life].  I'm pretty sure I'll never have enough CFA sauce in my life...but I'm going to use it very wisely. 
[Audio Transcription]  I was looking in our area book and saw a street that looked very familiar and wondered how I might even know that street since I am so new and don't even know the area yet.  And then I remembered, oh my goodness, one of my two contacts in the MTC lived on this street, and I started remembering him, and I looked on my old agenda from the MTC.  Same street!  I was so excited at the prospect of actually teaching him myself, and now that much time has passed, me being able to do it myself,  in his language.  I was so excited!  Like, can you imagine, I can speak to him... what a great story it will be for him...like, that's why I'm living HERE,and what are the odds!  But!!  It turns out it's not in our area; it's in our zone leader's area, so I gave them the reference and hopefully, it'll all be ok...se llama Manuel. My first day of contacting with Hma Gardner and Hma Tippets, ' How about that guy smoking?'  And we talked with him a long time, shared Alma 40 cuz he's worried about his grandparents dying.  Oh..it was good, so I hope he can get baptized while I'm still in the zone...cuz that would be cool.
[After dad told her about a special upcoming visitor to Plano...]  ELDER HOLLAND??!! ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  You've gotta tell him he speaks to my alma [soul] every time he talks, and I'm so sad to miss him (but not, because I'm doing what he said! ¨Plan right now! Plan right now for the stories you'll tell your kids about the mission.¨  We have his quotes taped on our study desk. Tell him I love the gospel, PUNTO. 
4-5-16  Pday!  Today was a good day :)  We slept for 2 1/2 hours...HOW GLORIOUS!  I bought my steak-on-a-stick, which, btw, the guy upped the price, but I bartered him down like the men in my family and got it for last week's price...WHAT, WHAT!   From companionship inventory: we both want to work, she admires my joy and positivity and urgency to do things sooner than later, and I admire her humility and diligence, she's preparing for sure to train/be an hermana lider.  

4-8-16  It's Friday, Friday.  Gotta write 'bout Friday.  It all started by getting up at 6:50, then falling back asleep until 7:05, yikes!  :(  It was a horrible dream...but no worries.  I was having so many flashbacks and losing focus.  (Later today), It's funny, I prayed to forget all these flashback so I can focus and whaddya know, flashbacks from the mission came to mind.  Ah, tender mercies.  


What I like about today--

1.  I can tell I'm getting a teeny bit better at expressing myself in Spanish.  
2.  I also got an answer on what to teach Marco (that the spirit doesn't necessarily mean angels, amazing blasts of fire, but thoughts, peace, love).  
3.  I cleaned during 'once' (between 6-7:00pm) 
4.  I'm loving more, trying to be more humble.
5.  I bought mostly fruit today.  I didn't buy the ice cream! 
6.  As I work on the list of purification, I'm trying to recognize the good today and realize I'm doing better than I think I am.

4-10-16  Here in Los Valles, I'm seeing that we teach with love, faith, persistence, thought.  It makes me feel really good. I'm learning to always have the people on my mind, finding myself in the work.  I have a little faith I'll be able to be my fun, happy self comfortably in Spanish...one day! 


4-11-16  Watching Meet the Mormons with Marco and Yerco, I felt the excitement and was reminded of my deep, deep love for missionaries and the effect the gospel has on families.  While running back to the house, I just thought and expressed, "¡Qué bácan, Hermana!  Somos misioneras!"  [How cool, Sister!  We're missionaries!] That's what I love...those moments when I feel so, so grateful, realizing what I'm doing, who I am, this incredible mission.  ¡Qué Bacán!


[audio recording transcription]: Hola!!  [to her companion]-Hermana, cuenta a mi familia qué pasó durante la noche cuando yo estaba durmiendo.  [tell my family what happened at night when I was sleeping]

[Hma Molina] Ella, cuando estaba durmiendo dijo, 'sí, sí, sí claro! Podemos pasar.  Podemos, podemos.  [When she was sleeping she said, 'Yes yes, sure!  We can come by. We can, we can.']
K:  Did you hear that? Fue en español, FUE en ESPAñol!! [It was in spanish, it was in SPANISH!!...then she loudly squealed with delight]...lo siento, sus orejas tienen dolor ahora[I'm sorry, your ears now have pain], pero, I was SOO happy when she told me this.  I've been waiting for a dream in Spanish for my whole life! I didn't even realize it...maybe I've been dreaming in Spanish for a long time.  Ah...that's my grand story.  My dream was probably about contacting.  So that was cool.  
Entonces, so today we we watched Meet the Mormons (because we CAN do that, don't worry) with Marco (who is progressing investigator, the one who wants to know what faith is, wants to change) and Yerco, and he's just perfect, THE GOLDEN (for me) recent convert.   He's got 20-something años.  Hma Molina told me, every week he asks, 'where are the investigators?, where are they? did you invite them? where did they go? we need to go drag them here! He's just awesome! He's the one in the picture last week holding Marco's painting.  They're both very good, but Marco has some things to work out...he's got a cool story, travelled a lot through Latin America, living on his dime of selling his paintings, so that's incredible.  And recently he just moved into his mom's house, and he's taking care of her, cuz she's super old and doesn't remember things from one minute to the next. Anyway, Marco, he's awesome, but he just said at the end of Meet the Mormons, bueno[well], I was crying at the end, cuz I love the end, the story of the mom who'd struggled being 16 and pregnant...Marco and Yerco could relate, it's more real to them here...there's a LOT of alone, young pregnant girls here wishing to go from nothing to become something...That's what Marco is wishing, 'I just want..., but it's hard to believe.'..but after conference, he felt that Elder Uchtdorf's conference talk was talking straight to him.  So we had a lesson on that talk...recognizing that THAT is the spirit. Yerco was basically teaching Marco, telling him he needs to recognize his feelings and his answers and have more faith.  Hace 2 months ago, Yerco was baptized.  
Please ponder about the commandments, whichever it may be, and send me the specific blessings you've received by obeying it!  This doesn't just include the 10 commandments!

No comments:

Post a Comment