Friday, March 17, 2017

100 Things I've Come to Know

So, to all who have not seen this past month now, I'm hoOOooOOoome! I cannot believe how accelerated my life has been for the past 16 months... I've described the mission as just feeling like a dream. Life here with family and friends has gone on and it's been just exciting catching up with so many like nothing's changed. But although the friendships have continued on naturally, I know that I'll never be the same. I love my mission. I love the miracles, people, and changes I've seen in them. I love the hardships I've had...to have allowed me to come home and continue on with life with a new and stronger sense of who I am and exactly how I should strive to be just that and better each day. My favorite thing that I've learned to love though is just getting to know people and naturally being able to apply the gospel to their lives, and I'm definitely still having many of those opportunities here at home.
As far as my health goes, I'm very grateful to be home to have had a good diagnosis of what's going on, and to be able to be treating it with physical therapies each week (acupuncture, ah!). For those curious, it's called Patellofemoral Syndrom which was most likely caused by my poor walking habits as I developed the Plantar Fasciitis since probably before the mission. And also I have an healing wrist from when I was holding on in the micro (bus) in Santiago and it braking too fast. HA! But really, as bad as it sounds, I'm just at peace. And it may be because of some things I've come to know for myself on the greatest adventure of my life:

1. Heavenly Father knows me
2. He protects his missionaries
3. True repentance brings true happiness
4. Christ's same church is on the earth today, restored by a prophet named Joseph Smith
5. President Videla loves us like a father
6. Cleanliness brings the spirit (one of the easiest ways to have it!)
7. God's priesthood power is real and accessible on the earth and I've seen it at work
8. Blessings are our constant connections with Heaven
9.The love of God extends to ALL people
10. I'll never doubt God's power
11. "Small and simple things are great things brought to pass"
12. When we pray asking where to go, He always directs us
13. Prepared people are always there, we just need to see them
14. An act of service NEVER goes in vain
15. When you and your companion have the same idea going on, THAT'S when it works
16. Faith really does move mountains
17. We will be sufficient with Jesus Christ at our side
18. Along with many other sources, EFY taught me to build my faith and "be an example of the believers"
19. Only obedience to our Heavenly Father brings true happiness
20. He gives each of us the option to choose right or wrong
 21. Going after "the one" brings great satisfaction
22. I'm in good hands
23. When people pray out loud for the first time, instantly they're humbled feeling the spirit
24. Good music becomes much more significant when you stop to listen to the words, melodies, harmonies, etc.
25. Mother knows best
26. There are beggars who really do want/need food
27. I can't fix everything
28. Life is life laughing
29. Every companion taught me lessons I'll remember forever
30. Fasting is a source of healing and miracle-making
31. We have to love our posterity enough to write our history (keep a journal!)
32. My family was always watched over and blessed while I was gone
33. "Open[ing] your mouth" ALWAYS has its reward
34. The members are 2X blessed when they serve with the missionaries
35. Respecting all people is important
36. The truth of Christ's gospel sets us free
37. Offering a simple prayer for someone can change their day, much less their countenance
38. Modesty is essential if I expect the spirit to accompany me
39. We are all individually very special to Heavenly Father
40. I was given the gift of tongues and the interpretation of tongues for SURE
41. When we don't know what to pray for, we can ask Him and He'll tell us almost immediately
42. Following a simple prompting can be crucial in your or someone else's life
43. All types of people can accept the gospel
44. We're able to do so much more with our days when we start it productively
45. Feelings like worry, impatience, frustration, loneliness, inadequacy, confusion, etc. NEVER come from God
A good day starts with a smile
46. Although many people choose not to accept changes in their lives, they can still know and feel the truthfulness of the restored gospel
47. It WILL all get better. Promise.
48. The first step to loving is humility
49. Attitude will affect how well the spirit works in you
50. The spirit is JOY
51. The way we speak can change so much about us
52. Smiling produces confidence in ourselves and in Heavenly Father to guide us
53. A random note of appreciation can change a person
54. All of President Videla's focus is on us
55. If the Lord wants it, He'll find a way
56. He sends the storms and will take us out
57. Heavenly Father gives us impressions about small and big things
58. He appreciates our little offerings
59. We lived with and learned with Him before this life
60. My parents were chosen specially for me
61. With patience and faith, He answers our prayers
62. I love my mission
63. The mission requires preparation years before
64. We're all contributing to Christ's cause
65. When it's right, everything falls into place
66. I have learned to be diligent
67. His tender mercies for me when I left were SO BIG: delicious airport dinner with the Harrisons, being able to take out money, getting to buy last minute fam gifts, President taking pics, finding Javiera and giving her a BOM, no problems with security, finding Angel as the last person to farewell in Chile, Alight attendant from Plano, her giving me much needed water, seat-mate knows the Lamartines, window seat!, realizing what I wrote at the beginning of the mish is was I feel right now, letter from Hermana Cazaut, early flight arrival, ETC.)
68. There's so much good happening that I can't see
69. One day, all of the Book of Mormons I've given will be opened up
70. I grew up where I needed to be
71. It will be all right in the end
72. The mission experience will give me countless other opportunities than I could ever hope for
73. All will be given many opportunities to have a family, including in the life after
74. The only effective way to show love is through action
75. The sacrifice of not being "of the world" is one of the best decisions to make
76. I have the BEST friends
77. We're all the SAME independent of race
78. Service is the start of charity
79. Heavenly Father teaches us the same lessons over and over again until we change
80. "Gospel" is much more than a word.
81. There is no reason to be sad when we are faithfully and persistently following the gospel of Jesus Christ
82. Arising early brings the spirit
83. If we're prepared, we shall not fear
84. Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to be all smiles in every moment
85. Preach My Gospel's principles are inspired by the Lord's apostles and prophets of our day
86. Families can be together forever
87. Our cares are His cares
88. No matter how long you've known someone, you can always "get-to-know" them more
89. The Restoration took place in the U.S. and at its time for special reasons
90. If we wouldn't say it to someone else, we shouldn't say it to ourselves
91. The gospel is proclaimed from the weak and the simple
92. Inspired goals are the start of success
93. When we think as God may, our potential grows exponentially
94. When we see people as God does, we discover much more of the world
95. You can never guess who will and won't accept the gospel
96. With a little discipline, drive, and God, much more can be accomplished
97. Success is defined by my willingness to keep going
98. A personal daily scripture study of the Book of Mormon is necessary in order to be blessed by its promises
99. It's not harder than you think
100. When we're under the Lord's mandate, the timing of all of it is perfect
"It's all about contributing to the kingdom of God. You've done a grand work, Hermana Moon. Until we meet again."
saying goodbye

These things I've come to know plus the people I've gotten to know and teach and love are the fruits of serving as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I've loved it. And I'm still striving to be what He wants me to be and share the light of this wonderfully perfect gospel.
If you've been following my blogs this whole time and maybe have some doubts and questions about what I've been doing or what I know to be true, ask me! And I'll just invite you from the bottom of my heart to meet with missionaries where you live! They'll be kinda like me and their message to you will be this: "Hey, wanna be happy? Wanna be with you family for forever? Wanna be successful in your life? Want answers? Wanna fill that empty space in your life? It's never too late. And we. Can. Help. You." And they will visit you and teach you about how Christ's only and true church is on OUR PLANET NOW and we CAN KNOW IT FOR OURSELVES. And why does that matter? Because all of our questions and insecurities and losses and mess-ups and asvnauhf'dJKVA;L CAN BE RELIEVED. And who doesn't want that. I do! I did. And now I'm blessed beyond measure. No, my life isn't perfect, but it's understandable and fair and lovable.
Meanwhile I wait to get back up to BYU for spring semester in May, I'm just loving serving here, going out with the missionaries, going to my physical therapies, the temple, spending time with family and my lil' nieces and nephews (waiting for 2 to come!), and trying to get acquainted with the new things the world has done since I've been gone (new albums, that instagram story tho, those snapchat filters, movies! flowery clothes)...
My new email address is kaylamooon@gmail.com and I'd love to hear from whoever wants to hear more. I love you all so much, I can't express well enough how blessed I've been by your prayers, letters, and support, and want to just say THANK YOU. It's all been well worth it.

Sincerely,
(now) Kayla Moon

 Mormon.org
HOME
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment