Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week 54

correct mailing address is:
Hermana Kayla Moon
Misión Chile Santiago Norte
Maria Graham 312, 8420164 Recoleta
Region Metropolitana Santiago
                                                  Chile

This last week has been a good ending to the transfer, although I don't really remember it now, but I know it was good. I've really been loving listening to Teaching No Greater Call talks that dad sent while I'm getting ready in the morning!  I challenge all to listen to these podcasts. Whether you're a parent, friend, missionary, or teacher, these talks help everyone know how to get to your listener like the Savior would.  

The little kids getting ready for baptism are still fighting and swearing and so we made them get a cup of water, and every time they fight or 'sin', they have to throw trash or their moms cigarette ashes in the cup, and before their baptism theyll be able to clean it all out like new :).   They're great. hilarious. And have the desire! We're teaching well for them and they read Nefi 1 together, awww! Gisela we'll see tonight, but so far so good. None have gone to church, but for good excuses. 

before Transfer meeting.  My old companion, Hna Molina! 
Hna Ortiz in transfers was finishing this for the Relief Society


It seems like dejavu, huh?  Hermana Moon will be with Hermana Molina in Primer Crucero 1.  WHAAAA? de nuevo? [again?]  
We were shocked! Seems like the duo is meant to be 
and I'm so pleased :)!!!

I was confused at first that out of alllllll the hermanas to be with, I would be working with Hermana Molina again, but after not even a day, I KNOW we're supposed to be together. She's amazing...An amazing listener and laugher and story teller and so humble and happy.  She's getting used to the bike and loves it like I do. It's funny because when we were together in San Pablo, President called her asking if she knows how to ride a bike and if she can serve in our country areas.  He was planning on sending her to the country, but it never happened.  Everyone made fun of the Colombian that wouldn't last a day in the freezing cold Andes, but half a year later we're up here together soaking with sweat and you could say that she enjoys the heat like I never ever will :). 
Oh! and my hija Hna Piedrajita is now in Los Andes with a gringa opening a sector! and Hna Fraizer from Arizona is one of my Hna lideres and we have a sweet district leader and Hna Nielson is training a gringa I think and YAY Los Andes for sure will go hard this trransfer.  Hna Ortiz is in Colina, I guessed right!!

 therapy... 


So I've started my therapies in San Felipe (an hour outside of Los Andes) and I hope all goes well with them. The kinesiologist put this tape on my knees, does those electric circuit things in my feet and knees, we do elongation and stretches, stuff to strengthen the spine, etc. but idk how effective it'll be if I leave therapy every time going hard back on the bike. It's a bummer that the little kids family lives far...they need to be prepared for baptism by Christmas, so we've gotta go as much as possible.  I haven't noticed much change (maybe because we've been going super hard these days) so the doc told me this morning that possibly I'll have to have a week of rest. We'll see tomorrow! Bummer. I ask for your prayers that we'll be able to at least go to teach our progressing investigators and get them ready for their baptisms.  Please kick Satan in the face for me, because if I do it, my tendons will fall apart and that'll backfire for me. HA!... yeah.  I pray everything will be ok.
I KNOW it will!!

I told the office about my package coming... as of yesterday they didn't have it yet.  But we'll be lookin!  Hna Molina won't have Christmas gifts bc her family doesn't send her anything, 
so I'll be sharing. 
I'm so grateful for Presidente Videla and his wife and their inspiration for their missionaries. I'm so grateful for new starts, and welp, for all of you!
Are y'all lighting the world with the light of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment