Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Week 51

correct mailing address is:
Hermana Kayla Moon
Misión Chile Santiago Norte
Maria Graham 312, 8420164 Recoleta
Region Metropolitana Santiago
Chile

I was able to read through friend’s emails (on pictures I took to read later) and such and thoroughly enjoyed that on the way to San Felipe for District Class with our new leaders .   








We went to Fam Contigos house and then we needed to hurry to the farthest part of our sector where Johnny lives now (which we discussed the night before, trying to decide if it was worth it and we felt that yes) so we went all the way with Victor (who’s now active again!!) Johnny wasn’t there, but Hna thought to literally go searching for him in the fields out there in his work. The neighbor (really the lady that lets him set up a tent on her property to live) said “yeah, oh all the way to those trees over there and….más all”.  SO we went on an adventure in the trees, found a river and just on the other side, there are fields of grapes where he works. The only way to get there, you have jump a barbed wire fence or a river.  I knew it wasn’t a good idea to do either one.  Victor let us know that the lady called Johnny and said he was coming!  WOOH!  he as a phone?!  That’d have been very nice to know as we were discussing and planning if it was necessary to go see Johnny. We sat and waited outside of the jungle and had no idea how, but out pops Johnny with his half leg and bike. Oh Johnny…we had a good lesson with him.  I felt like (because we didn’t have a plan) we were in the CCM playing the inspired game looking at them in the eyes, searching their soul for their need.  Well we found out a lot about him and felt the spirit. I remembered one of the only D&C scripture masteries “look to God in every thought, doubt not, fear not” and looked at the scripture before and after it also, and it was perfect for him and FOR ME.  Perfect, so we finished the lesson late in our Once. 

 I’m always that kid in Fall who purposely steps on the crunchy leaves because, well, it’s fun!  I do it with my bike too because, well it’s FUN!  But this time it wasn’t so fun because it was a glass bottle and it popped my back tire. We were literally SO FAR FROM OUR SECTOR and I was already tired so...bummer!   We called Hno Gomez who we’d visited the night before and he and his wife so kindly saved us. He didn’t believe we’d fit in the car with our bikes but yes sirree we did it!  Illegal? Probably, because as soon as I saw the cops in front of us I flinched and ducked so fast under my tire that I had tire marks on my face.  My companion was cracking up so hard...'I’ve never seen a gringa stick her head under a tire so fast!  she be like a slug [turtle?] sticking her head in it’s shell so fast.'  I didn’t laugh too much until I was the tire marks on my face in the house. So, I regret probably  breaking the law by not using a seat belt, but don’t doubt that it won’t happen again. 

While we’re talking about my comp making fun of me, last night while we just started sleeping, I thought of the Rincon Spider that kills that we’ve seen 2x this week and I had a sudden irrational fear that out of nowhere it’d bite me and eat me and I’d die.  I remembered a friend telling me to spray Raid in my bed, so I ran for the Raid and Hna’s all concerned and asks what’s up.  I just start storming the room with Raid on the walls, doors, windows, etc.. and Hna’s just cracking up hysterically because, like Silvia’s doctor said, “No one’s dying today!” 

After a very good inventory, I'm finally understanding why Hna doesn't communicate well, we understand each other more and laughed, because both of our mothers told us we would not get transferred, because they knew we still needed to get along better.  "We doubt not our Mothers knew it."  So YEAH.  The bike is fixed, great lesson last night with MUCH interest and the Spirit.  I talk to Hna Videla on Friday about when I'll start therapy, and yeah...wishing the new shoes were helping more...but they're too tight, so maybe a different pair will help.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  

[Last call for joining our package sending greetings to Kayla via the Snowflake Project!  Our package will go in the mail on Wednesday!]  




No comments:

Post a Comment