Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Week 30: Bringin' Life Into the World

This week was a great last week of the transfer. Tons of lessons with members, so that's really helping our investigators to progress. Ines is so great!  She's always wanting to write you guys in Facebook and let you know that I'm okay. And also she's always reading the BOM and finding things she loves. This week it was reading Alma's consejo [counsel] to his son in Alma 38. She's finding all these great chapters on her own, it's so wonderfuuuul. 

Not sure if I let y'all know but R_ decided to let us know she hates Joseph Smith because apparently he's murdered many people and she'll never believe in the prophets.  Hermana Macias was serious and said, and I quote, 'As a repressentative of Jesus Christ, I tell you that that is a lie.' HAHA. Proud of the Hna! 


splits with the companion of my dreams HERMANA LINDSAAAAY!
Yesterday with Hermana Lindsay was so great!  We started off with singing Joseph Smith's First Prayer which almost brought me to tears... it was beautiful!  R_'s getting the idea that maybe she's wrong, but ya know how the people are... they don't want to change!  That's the hard part about the mission. 


We had a great referral named N_ who went to the baptism last week, but this week her husband that had left her came back for Fathers Day and came in during the lesson. So all of a sudden, N_'s saying that she doesnt want to change religions. She'd prayed that week asking God if he'd be mad if she didn't want to change religions. That night she had a nightmare of the end of the world.  But ya know, she still doesn't want to change. She's felt the spirit!  It was so sad, leaving with Hna Venegas (the member who lives across from her who's always so great about coming with us) started to cry like our Heavenly Father would, saying, "How can she not get it? !  She knows it's true!' and kept saying "It's always the visitors," referring to the husband that was in town.  It's true... It's always the friend or spouse or kids or aunt or dad or whatnot.  "But it must needs be that there is opposition in all things." 

Anyways, you're probably wondering what's up with the title, so I'll letcha know that a Colombian girl named Hermana Piedrahita was born today to ME.  In other words, I'm training!  I can't believe I have ANOTHER Colombian companion! But hey, it's awesome...I'm very okay with that!  So far in the 3 hours I've known her, she reminds me of Annika Crandall, who ROCKS!  Soooo, it'll be fun... especially since almost ALL of the Hnas of my group are training now.  How coooool.  I love it, I love it.  We were leaving Ines's apt when the assistants called to tell us, and I just yelled into the phone AHHHHHHH! How can I be a mother, [trainer]!  I've never done it before, ah! But I trust completely in Heavenly Father to help me out.  I know that charity never faileth, so at least I've got her. 




They surprised me by asking me to give the lesson for Relief Society this week, but luckily it was about rescuing less actives, the perfect topic for a missionary.  I had to keep telling myself to calm down that Saturday and Sunday morning because it felt like more and more responsibility was hitting me.  But I told myself, it's OKAY, you´re gonna MAKE it... and I did!  Hermana Macias left for Los Andes!!  She's now with the hija [trainee] of Hna Tippetts. She was a great companion. We´re making the list of 100 things we like about/learned from each other. 

Hna Lindsay and I had a great day together, I'm SO happy I finally got time to actually get to know her and laugh about stuff she understands and prepare ourselves to train. We have lots of ideas and principles we want to do for our hijas, so I feel pretty good about these things.  And I'm SO glad I get to stay here for at least 3 more months in Los Valles, wahooooo!  

Anyways, I love you a lot! and dad! and all! proud of you all. Let me know if you have more counsel for me! Oh yeah, btw! My hija is from Medijin, also 19 years old but younger than I am.  Convert of 5 years and since she was baptized she's wanted to serve a mission. I'll learn much more this coming week and letcha know! 

Anyways, happy transfers, Happy Fathers Day again, and happy summer to you all!!! Because its quite frigid here! 

LOVE YOU ALL! 

Hermana Moon 

PS... I forgot to let y'all know like a month ago that Chile is CRAZY! During lunch the members are talking about the news and what's happening and it's always crazy. One day there were college students going around downtown smashing glass windows and spraying pepper spray and going crazy like animals! All for petitions on education. 

And speaking of animals, the people take the bible stories a li'l bit too literally, because a guy decided to break into a lion pit at the zoo...because he wanted to be Daniel.  AHHH.  But...because he WASN'T a prophet, he did get eaten. YIKES. Anyways, pray a lot for us out here!

Hermana Macias made me foood!

No comments:

Post a Comment