1 Junio, 2016--Today was very tiring, but good! I gave our class today about involving members in the work and talked about what Spencer explained to me at home about receiving referrals and shared the success he had. We shared scriptures and stories that we can use to excite members. We'll incorporate those ideas! I got the package from Steph! So happy!! Immediately had Hna try Sour Patch. Later on Starbursts and she loves them. How can people live without knowing a roasted Starburst?? We roasted them over the stove. After being out doing a lot of visiting today, it was a good day to use the makeup wipes she sent me! Found a reference, visited 2 viejitas [old ladies] R_ and N_. R_ sure is growing on me...she gifted me a Barbie, because apparently we look alike! LOL! We found a less active, had our 1st bonfire in a funny situation at night, and got offered my first alcohol!! Ladies and gents, I DID decline. That's it, goodnight!
2 Junio--Today I learned:
1. Latinos don't like banana cake very much
2. I feel great stepping out of my comfort zone talking to people (especially in the metro/micro), and
3. It's better to say sorry sooner than later.
4 Junio--Things are always better after crying in companionship inventory...loving more. And for the first time in a lesson, I cried in sadness/frustration...feeling the spirit of repentance for someone. It was Y_. It wasn't how we wanted it, but I think it had an impact on them...and ME! Three new investigators, interesting...I love police [story below]!
5 Junio--On Thursday it rained! I didn't have boots/jacket half of the day, so it was pretty cold! That day we went to the Centro to extend Hna's visa. I felt better contacting there--I liked when we found a guy with a BYU sweatshirt!! When I saw him I wanted to run up to him and tell him how cool he is, but Hna dragged me because her number got called. After we did her papers, I walked up to him boldly and asked him if he knew where his jacket was from (the best university in the WORLD...in my humble opinion). He said no, so I explained that he should feel very gifted. So that's the story...he's from Colombia and we gave him a pass-along card with the SLC temple on it and told him he's RICH now! BYU sweatshirt, the temple, the phone number of the office, TODO! I also liked getting to know the worker at McDonalds. She talked with us for a good bit, loves God, and we'll send the missionaries to her house. She gave us free ice cream after we bought sundaes.
... you treat yo'self to ice cream and a Jurassic Park simulator
after a long, long day. Cheers to 15 new investigators this week!
|
FHE tonight was a first! We'd planned to meet with F_ (8 year old, crazy mom, alcoholic dad, has gone to church on her own for a few weeks) with her member friend J_, but there's now another little friend in the picture. So we met with them and three other friends showed up! It.was.CHAOS! As soon as the 3 other friends ran in and gathered around us, Hna quickly whispered, "We sing the song and watch the movie...that's IT!" LOL. We watched The Restoration and it was GOOOD!! They changed to be more calm, as they had been fighting to pray in the beginning. In the end, Little J_ said a great prayer, all by himself! It was interesting. Pretty sure J_ and A_ ran away afterward to go kiss...they're 10 years old!!! But we're missionaries and didn't stick around to babysit, because we can't, but I told them, "Haz Lo Justo!!' Not quite the same as 'Choose the Right', but close enough.
7 Junio 2016--HOLA! Real quick to add to the journal, we had great success this week. We're finding a lot of new people, contacting referrals, lots of family home evenings, and just following The Spirit, even when it's hard. I just want to mention last night! We had planned on visiting I_ (she's doing well, couldn't go to church, but I love her with all my heart!! Turns out her mom and brother are less-active members and they told her to keep learning with us! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER), but she wasn't home. So our plan b was to finally find a referral the elders gave us about 3 weeks ago that we haven't seemed to be able to find (BUT, we found other people while looking for her...but that's another 3 stories hahaha), and we weren't sure which apartment it was. But we guessed correctly, introduced ourselves and she immediately asked if we could come in! These apartment occupants are police and all are married couples, but she wasn't! Que raro?! Eventually we asked about her husband...she said that he had left her 3 months ago (she's 23, a police since she was 17, has a baby of 9 months) and has felt super bad, trying to distract herself from the pain. And long story short, she's getting baptized! Just kidding...just not yet! She said the nicest prayer in the end, thanking God for sending us to her house. She knew we were there for a reason! She's the miracle of our Fast this week. So anyways, I love you all! I KNOW we're guided by The Spirit if we're looking for it and willing to follow it. Love to all, Hermana Moon
Response to mom's letter: Miranda Bailey, she was my bff in DMCO, sweet!!! AH! I got the letter from the young women, tell them thank you!! I will try to send them a letter back. LOL, I was picturing Rock of Ages [MCO rendition the Plano 8th ward is singing for ward conference this Sunday] like ROCK AND ROLL like our concerts at Jasper hahah. Has everyone had graduation yet or what? When does BYU summer start? The grandkids are so big awwww. This morning I had a flashback to my birthday and the kids visiting me at work and being able to hold them in my arms! AHHH, I miss holding them! But shaking hands and fist bumping is alright for now. LOLO I just read that same chapter about Zeezrom and it made me laugh so much. He's so silly. I discovered more in Alma 32 that I LOVE and now starting 34. Yesterday I started memorizing scriptures. I'm seeing that it's going to help me a lot...feel more comfortable using the scriptures than my own words. I want to be like dad! Quoting scriptures for every answer!Response to dad's letter: I treasure your words and stories and messages so much! We helped teach the YW lesson Sunday...the topic was the Priesthood. I had many tender memories in my head of your hands on my head, tears running down my face, knowing that you had that power from Heavenly Father! Thank you for being worthy, dad! And thanks for being my dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment