This weeek, oh booooy. It was a rollercoaster, for sure. My knee isn't a problem anymore, phew!! It feels better, and I talked to hermana Videla and she'll give me some exercises and natural pills to take like every 20 days; but honestly, it feels fine now, so you all were right...it's all good! Hma Jesus and I...we're definitely developing Christlike attributes together, AH.
In other news, I asked president about my doubts about some things that I've heard are his rules and how I'm not sure how to be obedient when I'm not sure about the rules, and I asked about the music...and ladies and gentlemen, he now says we are not just restricted to hymns!!!!! LITERALLY SO HAPPY. I mean I love the lower lights and MOTAB, but it was getting a little old the same songs over and over again. hello efy and everything else, it's so wonderful! reminds me of all the songs and efys and testimony meetings and stuff as a teenager that has shapeed me to love this gospel as I do now. Something else that has made me "literally so happy" is the drastic progress with Miriam and Juaquin!!!!!!! It's incredible. We were on exchanges and hermana Jesus and Iniguez were teaching Miriam and she got serious with them saying that she's also studying with Jehovas Witness and they told her that we are paid to come teach people about a false religion that doesn't use the bible and a bunch of other ridiculous nonsense, hahahhaha. And she asked them seriously, 'girls are you really getting paid?', and I'm sure they laughed or gasped. But all conflicts were resolved and the next day we had a family home evening with them (TOGETHER!! FINALLY!) at the old stake president's house with the Pino family, and oh my goodness, it couldn't have gone any better. We spoke of the family and how it's sacred and how they can be forever, and Juaquin totally got all of it, and their little family, including Angie (7) just lit up at the testimonies and tears of these faithful members shedding tears, reflecting on their families and stuggles, and how they would've never made it if it werent for Christ's gospel at the head of them. For the first tiime, I felt this so strongly, that no i don't have my own family yet, but with my siblings and parents... I cant' imagine being with anyone else at the feet of Heavenly Father in the end. And it's beautiful. I know that this life is just a point in eternity! That the family is ordained of God! And that the temple is his house on the earth today, and the most beautiful place where I feel the most peace. And thank you, mom and dad, for being the most perfect parents for me.
YES!! So anyways, they stayed with the other families that night to gab as we ran home happy as heinas (dont know how to spell that) and the next morning we chaotically got to church with all of them (throwing clothes around, ruinning to our apt to get clothes for Miriam ahahh) and oh my goodness!! We entered 5 minutes late with President Correa and his wife (they drove us) and everyoine was just smiling so welcoming to Miriam and Juaquin and Angie and us, and every single talk and class was inspired for this. family. Juaquin fell in love with the gospel, Miriam and so happy, but I think Angie wins as shes screaming through the halls AHHHH YO AMO EL LIBRO DE MORMON YO AMO IGLESIA; MAMI;, TENGO UN DISCURSO EN LA PROXIMA SEMAN EN LA PRIMARIA! (AHH, I love the Book of Mormon, I love church; Mommy, I have a talk next week in primary!). We got to show them the baptismal font and yesterday we taught them and at the end I felt so strongly, my heart pounding, to invite Juaquin to baptism the same date as Miriam (13 of March) and they accepted and were praying the receive answers to their prayers and to read their scriptures and he and she are commited to finding this happiness were all talking about. I'm so so happy for them. They are just golden people.
Anyways everyone, Chile is hot, and there are a lot of barking dogs, and this is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I know this is right! I love the gospel and Jesus Christ with all my heart. When people ask me why I believe in God and Him, I seriously feel SO much pain in my heart. Christ is all that we have and our only hope, and I love him! Make him number one!
LOVE YOU ALL! Chao!!
No comments:
Post a Comment