Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 13...a little rough, eh?

So I had no time or energy to write in my journal/a letter this week, so here it is (typed, i know!!!) This week would be called Job pt2! It's seemed like every day, some other part of my body was breaking down! First, I was just stressed and not myself, next was realizing that my knee that has been sore since the beginning still is sore.  When we see hermana Videla, she always emphasizes small problems, small solutions, always talk to her about problems (she was a nurse, I believe) so I probably better tell president in our interviews this week.  The 13th at night I didn't sleep well,  my body started aching and I was super hot, and in the morning I had a temp of 101.2... chills, then hot, then my throat hurting..... on Valentines day. I think it'll be a tradition now to be sick during the holidays, teehee. But I slept in then took tylenol and ibuprofen, a lot of agua, and bread to eat because 1. that's what mom would make me eat when I was sick and 2. I don't have food. HA!!  So I was not super happy that first half of the day and was just feeling pretty crummy and sorry for myself. I slept during 'once' (lunch?).  We met a funny guy. Lovely pretty much said I'm like an imbecile reading in Creole (language of the Haitianos), and so that was great :)...the people here are too honest, but I enjoyed it because she seemed happy finally.  
hermana Beelher had pink eye so we took a foto haha (she's on the other end and was in the CCM with me)

We got home from church and my temp was completely back to normal, and I was baaasically healed! What? So that was SOOO cool!!  I'm alright now, my throat hurts more and I'm getting stuffed up but all is wellllllll.  I was LITERALLY so happy it was pday today I just yelled at 10AM on the dot HAPPY PDAY HERMANAAAAAAA. Its been hard. mmhmm. But Definitely a week of growing and many prayers. For hermana Jesus and her patience for me, for my health, for me to perservere, to feel peace, investigators progressing.... But I've really learned over and over again that humility and saying sorry and being happy is key. Hermana and I are getting creative with our time in the street haha. Oh yeah, yesterday was my first encounter with someone who thinks we're from the CIA. Oh not so much that, the Elders get that more, but thinks that missionaries here are just a way for Americans to take over the world and force our country on everyone. hhahahahahhahahhaa yes. We just bore testimony and I just absolutely would not waste my time away from my country and family, would not pay, leave my studies, friends, time to something that wasnt 100% true and necessary, and that's that! So that happened. And I'm working on the having more Christlike love, but I'm gettting the powerful, firm testimony thing for sure, haha!! Anyways, please pray for Miriam and her family to receive answers about the Book of Mormon and come to church (they're totally gettting baptized, it's just a matter of time), and for just us in general to keep on going and work hard (and to get 70 contacts again!).  Other news...I cut my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment