Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 7: Quilicura

dont know how good this letter is going to be because im downloading recordings for you all and pics and catching up on the emails from last week but HAAAY YAAALLLL! But I tear up and feel at home looking at the pictures from reunion and christmas in everyones home.... Ive been thinking about home a lot more than i probably should but its because im seeing how seriously blessed ive been to have grown up in a stable home with solid parents and friends to hold me up. 

So this is where we are! Quilicura is our sector (area), which is the strongest area in our mission with 600 active members! were mostly suburbish, not really city, and the ward feels like ours does at home a little! its famous for the amount of Haitians who live here and ITS CRAZY how many there are and how many we teach with broken spanish, translating from french and creole haha. The Haitians are the best, so nice, so happy, and I can relate to them with the whole bad spanish type of thing. But yeah! we live in an apartment complex thats pretty nice and there are lots of complexes around where most of our investigators or less actives are, so its not too bad walking! haha ive seriously gotten so used to sweating, i think ill be able to conquer anything once im back from the mission. Wheres my humility? just a little too excited.

Im learning so much! About people, about how hard it is for people to keep commitments, about miracles, about how much I miss and love my family and friends, bout how hard it is to communicate with Flaites hahaa theyre great though... and about how much of an impact the gospel has on a person and on a family. The people here, im surprised, are so nice! Yeah we get ignored sometimes, but most of the time people agree to letting us pass by their house another time when we find them in the street. Problemthough... Ive realized how much of a wimp I am contacting LOL. Hermanna Jesus (yes thats her name, lol hermana Luna and Jesus)will point to someone in front of us and say to contact them and ill be like no no and then we go to pass them and Im like ahhhhh nooooo and just pass them. SO were working on that. but we got 31 contacts this week, and our goal was 40. This week though well work toward the 70 that the mission has. 
Ok about our mission! Our mission president is fo sho more strict than the others but its good!! I feel blessed to be in a mission with high standards! He and hermana Videla are ADORABLE! I feel sad I cant be greeted by them every night like at the CCM but hey this is the real stuff and I can tell you that I PREFER THIS OVER ANYTHING.

Going to teach real people with real problems and interests and light is (im so original right?) THE BEST! My favorite of the week was Paulina which i talked about in the recordin so I wont now yah. 

My companion! Hermana Jesus. I along with all the other newbies waiting for our comps was SO EXCITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to receive a Peruvian! She speaks englsh and shes chill and is a super good teacher and i liek her a lot. Im feeling inadequate teahcng, but were working on the lessons in comp study and oh yeah im leaning so much in personal study! were reading 2 chapters of the BOM a day in the mission and how appropriate for my first day to start from the beginning YAAAH. Im doing just what dad says, to read and study as if youre going to give a talk on it. 
We teach sweet peeps, and I extended my first baptismal invitation on saturday i believe to this old investigator we went to go visit who was SO READY. weve got 2 baptisms lined up for next month and many more to come hopefully (smiley). Fenole and Widney. Fenole is hilarious. We teach him he cant have red bull and cant look at his friends woman and that he needs to find a good girl who will respect his STRONG desire to get baptized and get marred in the temple and such. Welp Almost outta time but enjoy the recordings and pray for me! I pray fr you all every night! Alma 16:16 and 17  is what I shared to the ward yesterday! read it! Its my thoughts. Make them yours! WOOOOOHbye!
Noche de Hogar (Family Night) activity with investigators
This was sent to mom on FB
FB message from Bro Pino, Kayla’s favorite CCM teacher:  Hi! Sister Moon is here , in my ward , lo campino ward quilicura stake!she is so excited to help the people here , today was the presentation in the sacrament meeting and she had time to give the testimony . If you need something ask me or if the sister moon need something i will say to you. take care , bye

No comments:

Post a Comment